Sunday, February 22, 2009

Messenger bag #1

Yet another recent completed project. I love this whole stay at home mom thing! I can take my bits of time here and there when my boy is sleeping or playing by himself and actually be creative! This is why I have all posts of things I have made instead of things I want to make lately. No time for long sessions in front of the computer, but all kinds of time to sew while I am interacting with the babe.

This bag is my husbands daily bicycle commuter bag. He has to have a lot of room in it since he splits his days at work between doing graphic design and mechanic work, so the bag has got to be big enough for a change of clothes and for his his bike fix-it kit. I am very proud to say that my immensely talented husband designed the entire bag from colors to cut and size, and I simply added the put together skills. We are both rather pleased with the results.



He salvaged the seatbelt out of a junk yard from some old GM (perfect touch for a mechanic, no?).





The sun design is continued on the back in red stitching.



2 comments:

Erin said...

You are SO talented. My sister, Krista Sobrak-Seaton just showed me your blog. WOW! This bag is fabulous.

-ac said...

Thank you! I just met Krista last weekend and thought she was awesome. Thanks for reading my blog!