Saturday, February 21, 2009

My most recently finished project: a Christening gown for our little Godbaby (whose due date is tomorrow and so will be here any day now). I didn't get any pictures of the dress after I ironed it and it has already been sent off, so you'll just have to trust that these pictures don't quite do the little dress justice. It was made from cream/ivory silk dupioni (that I got for 80% off at the JoAnns closing sale!) with a tucked hem, shell buttons and hand embroidered cross. It has literally been almost two decades since I have done a padded satin stitch, so I went to this webiste for instructions and found their instructional videos to be spot on and very helpful. The cross is a little crooked, but I figure that practice makes perfect.







2 comments:

Erin said...

This is lovely. Really, really! I am going to watch some of those stitching videos. I want to learn to be good at embroidery.

-ac said...

Thanks! My dream for my old age is to have the patience to embroider and hand quilt, garden and keep chickens. Someday... for now it is simply experimenting with random stitches and small projects.