Wednesday, November 7, 2007

More adorable children's dolls and toys. I have always loved these little creatures and their homes, although when I was little I made their home out of bark and totteringly built them onto the side of a tree where they would stay until a strong wind, naughty brother or rain would come around. I would have loved a sturdy tree house for them like the one below! And the little people- made out of soft felt with wool roving to stuff them, and soft and colorful embroidery floss to wrap their hands and feet... I would have loved them when I was little.

More Japanese craft books....







These Waldorf inspired baby dolls are the best gift for a baby. I made my niece one that was similar to these out of an old T shirt, and she still loves it three years later. Next time I think I will use slightly more sophisticated practices; like pre-shape the head before covering, and maybe give it legs, instead of a soft huggable long torso.

I love these tree houses and simply can't get enough of them. I am afraid that when I have children that they will have to deal with their momma loving their toys more than them!



This is one of the best websites, in my humble opinion, to find natural toys.

No comments: