Monday, June 29, 2009



I haven't blogged in so long it is almost embarrassing. But I do have an excuse, even if it is only an excuse. My dear friend got married this past Saturday in what appeared to be a beautiful, dreamy and perfect Wisconsin farm wedding. Unfortunately I was not able to make it to the wedding, but I did get the honor of making the bridesmaids dresses, which I finished only just in time. (Thus the long break from blogging). It was a little hair raising in the end- the last dress was a color that I could not find anywhere, especially since in the trying economic time all the fabric stores in the are seem to be closing except for one Jo-Anns and a quilt store. I finally found it (orangey-pinky-peach) but it was only 45" wide, which made it impossible to make all the pieces of the floor length circle skirt out of one piece of fabric. So I ended trying to just make it happen and it flopped terribly, so I ran out to Jo-Anns again for another 5 yards to try again. It turned out beautifully in the end, and in fact turned out to be the best dress so far. So here is a picture that I hijacked from one of the guests photo albums. Pretty awesome shot, eh? The beautiful bride is wearing her mothers dress, and I made the yellow, hot pink, light pink, orangey one, and the red one.

No comments: