Saturday, January 5, 2008



My husband made me this beautiful shelf for Christmas out of an old window (we think) isn't it beautiful?



A good friend who knew that we love old Japanese art gave us this antique screen. It makes our tiny apartment look a little bigger!



The husband also got me these wonderful Japanese embroidery books from Superbuzzy, and he found out that their store is only about 20 minutes from us!
Below are some of the lovely things to be found within. Have fun trying to read in Japanese, but the directions are pretty easy to follow.









This is my first attempt. I am in the process of making an apron from a linen curtain that I got at goodwill.



And this... is my beautiful old/new dress from anthropologie (via eBay). I am so in love with it I can barely stand it. Lucky that I cherish it so and want to keep it in good shape, because otherwise I would probably be wearing it for a week... even to bed.



And lastly, some second hand finds. I love this vintage linen tablecloth!



And this is a big baggy smock that I can definitely put to other uses. I love the fabric! It is a very soft cotton with a slight sheen, and the colors are just fabulous!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yay, BEAUTIFUL dress for a lovely lady! I love the shelf, too. Gorgeous!

-ac said...

Thank you! The shelf looks even better now that Darren hung it and we put some knick knacks on it.