Friday, October 26, 2007

I have not been adding any new posts lately, simply because I have made a really late New Year's resolution to actually start making stuff! I am working on a quilt right now out of old sweaters; very simple but should be very toasty! I have never hand quilted before, so I thought I would try my hand at it, and it is going amazing! Why did I ever machine quilt? So all that hand sewing led me to think about embroidery, and I went to "Barts Books", an amazing outdoor bookstore (yes, they can actually have them here, year round!) in Ojai and got me an old fashioned "Creative Embroidery Stitches" book, so I am going to start on that next week. In the meantime, I bought a beautiful New Look pattern for a dress at the fabric store and ordered another one from Simplicity (the red dress below). I already am almost finished with a pretty blue shirt with lots of hand stitched details for a friend from the New Look Pattern. I had no idea that I could be so productive while at work, during those times that I am usually surfing the net! Now for that Japanese embroidery book below and this pattern... Pictures are to follow as soon as I get all my ducks in a row.

No comments: