
One of my favorite things to do on almost any given day out is to get coffee with my husband at a local, funky, flavorful coffee house. Coffeehouses come in all shapes and sizes; the interior design, music, furniture, artwork, employees, the floor, literature, whether or not they have organic, fair trade, or American grown, they are all different! Some have a penchant for displaying local artists' work, where as others encourage reading by the shelves of old books. Some have open mic night for local talent, and some simply have John Mayer CD's for sale. Anyway, I love coffee shops!
Unfortunately, the town I live in in California doesn't seem to have anything open at all after 6 pm, which is right after I get off work, so all we have as far as coffee shops is Starbucks! You gotta hate supporting the man like that, but we do get to bike there, and their Java Chip Frappucino's are unbeat, except maybe by Burgerville's Mocha Perk Milkshake... Oh I miss Portland!

No comments:
Post a Comment