Thursday, December 20, 2007

I bought my favorite dress in the whole wide world yesterday, and I simply couldn't be happier! The only thing that is effecting my mood right now is the fact that I feel a little vain and foolish; but I am sure that it will pass. Besides, I bought it off eBay, so it was less than half the price of the dress new from Anthropologie! But with the husband going back to school and our myriad of bills that are always hanging around, it does seem a little bit not OK. Anyway, I have wanted this lovely thing for a long time, but I held out until now. Now, all I have to do is wait for that blessed day when it will arrive in the mail, and I can wear it for three days straight (even to bed), because that is what I tend to do when I get a new favorite piece of clothing. Although maybe I won't on this one: I will lovingly hang it in my closet and take it out every day until it is the perfect occasion to wear it. Now if only I had yellow shoes....





On another note, I have been sewing again, and have made one apron so far. It is made out of a second hand skirt, with some lightweight vintage yellow fabric as a fancy frill. I am in the process of making two more, and will be posting pictures very soon. After receiving about 6 aprons for my wedding (vintage, anthropologie, made in an old folks home and second hand ones) I have decided that they are the perfect wedding, housewarming, birthday or out of the blue gift that could be given to a lady. It also helps that I found two huge natural linen curtains at a second hand store for $5, so that there is 5 aprons and many more napkins to go with. Embroidery and appliqué are must on them. Simple beauty. Anyway, it very fun and exciting, and I can't wait to display photos when they are done!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oooh, aprons! Looking forward to seeing the pics!

I just today received in the mail my own eBay win - a gorgeous mei-tai baby carrier, bought at a crazy cheap price. I love it! I've already tried it on Gui, who is at the top end of the weight range for the thing, and it supports him nicely, so I am joyfully anticipating wearing my baby in it! Happy happy!

-ac said...

Kate, you should also look forward to receiving your package from me... although it is not one that I made. But there will be many more to come! And congratulations on the baby sling- you can keep your new one close close for a long time to come!